You would think perhaps that my lack of blogging was down to being exceptionally busy, perhaps starting lots of new projects and finishing everything I’ve started in a whirl of feverish activity…this is sadly not the case. I have in fact been paralysed by intense boredom this week, the incredible inanity of my day job has leeched all humour, excitement and enthusiasm out of me sadly.
hilst I’ve done a bit of stitching on the quilt, it’s not been anywhere near enough, our dinners have been mediocre to boring and I’ve not even thought about starting any new crafting projects. So to lift me out of this abject misery I thought I’d think about things that HAVE happened this week, rather than those that haven’t!
Ten things that DID happen this week…
1. A couple of people ‘spoke’ to me on Twitter – this indeed made me inordinately excited, not quite the same as real human interaction but noone’s ever noticed me on Twitter before…perhaps because I skulk around in the shadows but, hey, it made me smile!
3. I found a website where you can design your own chocolate…?!? Wow.
4. I made a Fennel & Apple chutney – this took me 2 hours of chopping and simmering and only resulted in 1 (and a half) jars but, boy, am I looking forward to opening that jar in a month. It better not disappoint! Problem is I only followed the recipe to a point…I added chilli…and sherry vinegar…used brown sugar…in fact it barely resembles the original – fingers crossed anyway!
5. I left the house BEFORE the sun rose 3 times – the clocks couldn’t go back fast enough for me. Where is the sun?!?
6. I bought three new (well new to me) tops on eBay despite promising myself that I wouldn’t buy anything until we go to Chicago- oops! I’ve just got to smuggle them into the house without Mr B seeing them…oh, you just read that didn’t you? In my defence they were a bargain and I can’t resist a bargain!
7. When in Hobbycraft I was followed around by an old man saying ‘ooooh yeah’ under his breath and shuffling towards me…enough said.
8. I’ve watched a LOT of Australian Masterchef…is it completely wrong that I have a mini crush on Matt Preston? Those jaunty scarfs seem to do it for me…perhaps I’m sicker than I thought…though he’s obviously not replaced ‘Junior Roux’ in my heart!
9. I spent a large amount of time checking on the bunnies every night whilst they were out in their run to make sure they (well, Helga, she’s clearly the perpetrator of all naughtiness) weren’t digging up MORE of our grass. I was rubbish at this however and we now have 8 new holes in our lawn…in fact I might as well not have bothered! Though it’s hard to be angry with Helga when she sits there covered in soil looking completely blameless and saying ‘who? me?’ – yep, they talk…
10. And last, but not least, I discovered that I am in fact a ming monster, I have….*fanfare*…ringworm. Yes, please do recoil in disgust. The microclimate that is my skin has welcomed in a new predator, apparently it likes my keratin. Having not known that I had keratin until consulting Google (who, of course, knows everything), this is all news to me, unpleasant, left feeling unclean news. Please note that ringworm is not actually a worm though, just the way the rash looks – I am on the case now and it should clear up with some careful cream application. In the meantime – URGHHHHHH.
So here’s to not having to come into work for two days, a chilled out and relaxed weekend and cheering the hell up!