I’ve been knitting a bit lately (though I am still very much a novice), I’ve just finished a scarf and I have two lovely new wools to make two new scarfs from so I thought something to use for knitting would be great. Ages ago I bought a load of gorgeous wooden knitting needles which have lived in a jiffy bag ever since. Whilst the top of one has been gnawed off by an errant rabbit – mentioning no names of course – they’re in good condition and I thought that they deserved a home worthier than an envelope!
A few things I would change, if I ever make another one, would be – choose a fleece or thinner batting instead of the quilting batting I used, get thicker bias tape (I used my Granma’s pre-war stuff), make the upper needle guard a little deeper, cut straighter lines in the first place and embroider the numbers BEFORE I sew it all together! Other than that it was pretty successful, the fruits of my labours…
|Knitting needle roll – rolled|
|My attempt at post sew embroidery…|
|At home with the wools|
|My latest knitting project|