1 tin chickpeas, drained
2 cloves garlic
1 onion, peeled and chopped roughly
1 dried chilli
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
1. DO NOT PEEL THE CHICKPEAS, just live with the skins, they’re really not that bad!
2. Put the cumin and coriander in a pestle and mortar and grind to a fine powder.
3. Put the chickpeas, garlic, onion, chilli and spice mixture in a food processor and whizz until it’s all nicely mushed up.Season generously.
4. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and form the mixture into little balls (slightly smaller than a golf ball). Add to the frying pan once the fat starts to thin and fry for 5-7 minutes. Try to leave them on the first side for 2 minutes or so – they seem to stay together the less you move them!
5. Serve with some salad, toasted pittas and tzatsiki…maybe an ice cold beer?